Medical Research Fellow on Quality Assurance in Radiotherapy
EORTC promotes multidisciplinary cancer research in Europe. EORTC research is conducted in over 300 university hospitals in 32 countries. Its network of investigators comprises more than 2500 scientist and clinicians collaborating in 20 multidisciplinary groups.
Thanks to a special grant from the Vlaamse Liga Tegen Kanker (Belgium), the EORTC research facility based in Brussels has a vacancy as of Autumn 2012 for a
Medical Research Fellow
(Young radiation oncologist)
The fellowship will be dedicated to well-defined projects on Quality Assurance in Radiotherapy linked to the activities of the EORTC Radiation Oncology Group. The research fellow will be involved in the development, conduct and analysis of Radiotherapy Quality Assurance projects related to on-going and future cancer clinical trials with the help of the EORTC team (MDs, physicists, statisticians, computer analysts, safety desk, regulatory affairs, etc.). The work includes the writing of a scientific report and manuscript(s) for publication(s) in peer-reviewed journal(s).
The fellowship is for a duration of one year and will be done at the EORTC Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
- be a young radiation oncologist (young specialist preferably up to 35 years of age, or in 3rd-to 5th year of training in radiotherapy)
- preferably have some clinical research background (specific courses and/or practical experience)
- be fluent in English
- be computer literate
- be able to work in an international environment
- have excellent communication skills and team spirit
If you are interested, please send:
- a letter of motivation
- a full curriculum vitae
- the list of your areas of interest
- letter of recommendation from 2 referees
EORTC Fellowship Program
avenue E. Mounier 83 b/11, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
phone : +32 2 774 16 57
fax : +32 2 779 50 97
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org