To take part in statistical activities relating to EORTC clinical trials and research projects, including but not limited to the following:
- To provide methodological support for the development, conduct and reporting of clinical studies and exploratory research projects (development of the initial concept, writing the statistical sections of the protocol, supervising database setup and cleaning, writing the statistical analysis plan, preparing the statistical analysis reports and contributing to the publication of results).
- To actively contribute to the development and maintenance of state of the art methodology in the department of statistics
- To occasionally teach statistical methodology at training courses or conferences
- To provide independent and objective methodological review of projects in line with internationally recognized guidance and practices.
The position is open for candidates with an MSc, PhD or ScD degree in biostatistics or statistics with at least 5 years of experience in clinical trials research in oncology. In addition, the position requires
- Experience in the design of (preferably oncology) clinical trials and in survival analysis
- Proficiency in the use of SAS; experience with R is an asset
- Experience with CDISC/ADAM
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English
- Ability to work autonomously in an international multidisciplinary environment
- Knowledge in health-related quality of life is an asset
Please send curriculum vitae and cover letter in English, and names of 2 referees.