EORTC promotes cancer research in Europe and is linked to other leading biomedical research organizations around the world. EORTC research takes place in over 200 hospitals, universities and cancer centers in 32 countries and the unique network of investigators. The EORTC comprises more than 2000 clinicians collaborating.
The EORTC research facility based in Brussels has a vacancy for a:
Head of Pharmacovigilance Unit
The Head of Pharmacovigilance works under the hierarchical supervision of the Head of Medical, Pharmacovigilance and Fellowship department.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
The Head of Pharmacovigilance contributes to the achievement of the EORTC by providing effective management and academic leadership within her/his unit.
The Head of Pharmacovigilance is accountable for matters relating to the management of staff, the organization of the unit and pharmacovigilance activities.
The Pharmacovigilance activities include but not limited to: the processing of individual serious adverse event reports, preparation of annual safety reports, implementation and maintenance of the Pharmacovigilance procedures and safety database, transfer of Pharmacovigilance data, support to others units, education and trainings.
- Participates in the Eudravigilance Expert Working group.
- Represents the EORTC at the MedDRA Usergroup meetings
- A scientific university degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Bioscience or equivalent
- 3-5 years in Pharmacovigilance and risk management
- Management skills
- Good organization and negotiation skills
- Deep sense for responsibility and high degree of self-motivation
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse individuals and groups. Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of European PV reporting regulations
- Demonstrates computer literacy with proficiency in the used and management of safety databases
The EORTC offers a highly stimulating, professional & friendly atmosphere in an international environment, and employees’ benefit.
Please send curriculum vitae and cover letter in English to:
Recruitment – EORTC
Avenue E. Mounier 83, box 11, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Confidential fax: +32 2 770 78 11