Scope of the job
The Project Manager (PM) plans, coordinates, monitors and controls multiple complex research projects and/or clinical trials, from project start to closure in order to achieve projects objectives. He/she is responsible for overall project performances.
He/she functionally leads the project team, and manages communication with internal and external stakeholders.
The Project Manager mainly interfaces with Project team members, Heads of units/departments, project external stakeholders, PMO and other PM’s.
The Project Manager works under the hierarchical supervision of the Projects Director.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Responsible for multiple research projects and/or clinical trials.
- Responsible for ensuring that the exhaustive list of activities and deliverables needed to achieve project’s objectives is defined, with associated schedule, budget and quality targets.
- Takes overall responsibility for project management according to EORTC policies and processes, including scheduling and prioritizing activities at project level.
- Leads, motivates, and coordinates the project team (internal transversal coordination). The PM liaises with Department heads to secure adequate project staffing (qualitative and quantitative).
- Manages project’s external stakeholders (incl. communication, contracts, budgets).
- Monitors and controls the project execution, including managing issues and conflicts at project level (analysis, decision making, priorities allocation, actions execution).
- Manages project’s changes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and manages project’s risks.
- Manages communication with internal stakeholders, including reporting and escalation of issues/conflicts beyond project level
- Within Projects Direction, contributes to improving management of projects.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced Project Management staff.
- Minimum education requirement: Master degree in sciences, engineering or management.
- Ability to work in highly scientific environment is required.
- Min 5 year experience of project management in complex and multinational projects.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management areas (PMI), PMP certification is a strong asset.
- Willing to develop a breadth knowledge of clinical trials overall life cycle management.
- Fluency in English (spoken, written) is required.
- Familiar with MS Office tools.