Statistical Analyst or SAS programmer
Scope of the Job
The Statistical Analyst or SAS Programmer works under the hierarchical supervision of the Head of Statistics Department.
Main responsibilities / Major activities
(S)he is member of the statistics department with expertise in SAS programming language and other statistical software’s.
The main responsibilities include
- Development and validation of SAS programs for the reporting of clinical trials according to defined statistical analysis plans
- Production of intermediate study reports and of statistical analysis reports
- Data exchanges with external partners.
- Data base reconciliation
- Quality control of SAS programs
- Development of standard SAS programs and SAS macros
- Development of simulation programs to assess properties of clinical
trial designs or of the performance of specific analytic methods
- Support to other SAS users inside EORTC headquarters
- Trial results disclosure (EudraCT/ClinicalTrials.gov reporting)
As member of the statistics department, the statistical analyst or SAS programmer is actively participating in the scientific activities of the department. (S)he also has the possibility to attend training courses and conferences organized by EORTC and selected external training relevant to his/her activities.
- A Master’s degree in statistics or other data analytic field
- Experience of programming and reporting of clinical trial data
- SAS certification or long standing experience of programming in the SAS language (SAS BASE, SAS STAT, SAS GRAPH, SAS MACRO, SAS ODS), knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus
- Knowledge of CDISC/ADAM STDM standards
- Knowledge of Medidata Rave is an asset
- Be able to work in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Dynamic and capable of working autonomously inside a team