The Translation Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Translation Team in the management of translation projects and daily administrative tasks related to the translation of quality of life questionnaires.
The Translation Assistant works under the hierarchical supervision of the Translation Team Leader.
- Managing translation projects (together with the Translation Team Leader) – answering queries, providing information, ensuring timely delivery of reports, etc.
- Maintaining the correct flow of translation-related documents, filing and preparing regular updates
- Supporting researchers in questionnaire development through the preparation of requested files, formatting, etc.
- Dealing with requests for certificates, questionnaires and specimens for pharmaceutical companies
- Updating and maintaining translation-related databases
- Regularly updating IT tools with new translations and corrections (Translation Memory and Item Library)
- University degree in languages/linguistics.
- Experience in administrative work.
- Preferably with some experience in translation and proofreading.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently.
- Willingness to learn.
- Computer literate with standard software and very good Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is an asset.
- Fluent in English and at least one other language. Knowledge of other languages is an important asset.
The EORTC offers a highly stimulating, professional and friendly atmosphere
in an international environment.
Please note the employee benefit package is within the non-profit sector
Please send curriculum vitae and cover letter in English to:
Avenue E. Mounier 83, bte 11,
1200 Brussels, Belgium
Confidential fax: +32 2 770 78 11 – Email: email@example.com