Scope of the job
The EORTC and the EORTC Cancer Research Fund (ECRF) are looking for a Fundraising Officer to develop their funding strategy and follow through funding opportunities. The role is ideally based in Brussels (but not exclusively) and is open for full time or 80% assignment.
The Fundraising Officer works under the hierarchical supervision of the Director General and works closely with the Chairman and the Council Members of ECRF.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Organizes and coordinates the fundraising program of ECRF;
- Follows-up funding opportunities identified by the ECRF and EORTC;
- Works in collaboration with the EORTC Communications Office;
- Supports the development of the ECRF website and support material such as brochures
- Updates twice a year the status EORTC projects in need of funding;
- Follows-up potential leads from Council Members with visits and letters;
- Makes sure that all donors (past or potential) are kept up to date on EORTC activities and priorities;
- Thanks donors for their support within agreed timescales through personal letters;
- Manages EORTC/ECRF donors database and maintains accurate records;
- Undertakes mailings and communication tasks and ensures their appropriate follow-up;
- Helps to organise fund raising events and galas;
- Participates in Council and task force meetings (agendas, minutes and reports).
- Commitment and passion for the mission of EORTC
- Excellent “customer-oriented” interpersonal and communication skills
- Good sense of organisation with attention to detail
- Able to work in full autonomy
- Entrepreneur / Self starter
- Proficient administrative skills
- Ability to travel in Europe and to the USA
- Fluent in English and ideally 2 other languages with priority to French, German or Dutch
- Excellent English writing skills
- Experience in a similar position is a plus
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.