The Project Manager (PM) plans, coordinates, monitors and controls multiple complex research projects and/or clinical trials, from project start to closure in order to achieve projects objectives. He/she is responsible for overall project performances. He/she functionally leads the project team, and manages communication with internal and external stakeholders.
The Project Manager mainly interfaces with Project team members, Heads of units/departments, project external stakeholders, PMO and other PM’s.
The Project Manager works under the hierarchical supervision of the Projects Director.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Responsible for multiple research projects and/or clinical trials
- Responsible for ensuring that the exhaustive list of activities and deliverables needed to achieve project’s objectives is defined, with associated schedule, budget and quality targets
- Takes overall responsibility for project management according to EORTC policies and processes, including scheduling and prioritizing activities at project level.
- Leads, motivates, and coordinates the project team (internal transversal coordination). The PM liaises with Department heads to secure adequate project staffing (qualitative and quantitative);
- Manages project’s external stakeholders (incl. communication, contracts, budgets)
- Monitors and controls the project execution, including managing issues and conflicts at project level (analysis, decision making, priorities allocation, actions execution);
- Manages project’s changes with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manages project’s risks
- Manages communication with internal stakeholders, including reporting and escalation of issues/conflicts beyond project level
- Within Projects Direction, contributes to improving management of projects.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced Project Management staff.
Qualifications, experience & skills
- Minimum education requirement: Master degree in sciences, engineering or management
- Ability to work in highly scientific environment is required
- Min 3 year experience in a project management/coordination role, or 3 year experience in the field of clinical trials
- Knowledge of Project Management areas (PMI), PMP certification is a strong asset
- Fluency in English (spoken, written) is required
- Familiar with MS Office tools
- A proactive profile, result oriented and problem solver, who gets things done both through formal channels and informal network
- Open minded profile, with strong desire to learn
- Organized and results-oriented person with the ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment,
- Team player with strong leadership skills, using open communication and influencing skills to work effectively within teams and across functions