Software Engineer / Project Lead
Scope of the Job
The Software Engineer leads the development of software applications at EORTC. This position meets users to understand and document requirements, proposes software and database designs, writes technical specifications, and participate in coding and testing software applications. Due to the specific nature of EORTC as a non-for-profit organization, the ideal candidate has to be aligned with EORTC goals and vision for supporting the scientific research community, and is willing to understand clinical trials in this context.
Main responsibilities / Major activities
- Lead analysis and development of internal application or integration between systems, internal or external.
- Develop and/or review technical documentation including user requirements, design and functional specifications, test protocols, validation reports.
- Develop new internal applications using approved technology stack.
- Maintain existing applications including defect correction and feature enhancement.
- Design and implement databases and backend APIs.
- Develop automatic unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests of new and existing applications.
- Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, or same level acquired through experience.
- Deep knowledge of software engineering, including software analysis, development, and testing.
- Strong interest in medical applications, clinical research, and/or scientific software.
- Prior experience with managing projects related to Qualified/Validated systems.
- Strong knowledge of Git and Continuous Integration with automatic testing.
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools and Techniques.
- Practical experience with angular 2+ (angular.io).
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET Entity Framework are assets.
- Proficiency in python or at least practical knowledge of the language.
- Experience with Delphi is an asset.
- Well organized, open-minded, and able to work on different projects in parallel.
- Capacity to explain complex technical details in clear and plain language.
- Good written & spoken English (French and/or Dutch are assets).