FELLOWSHIP IN BIOSTATISTICS 2021-2022
EORTC promotes multidisciplinary cancer research in Europe. EORTC research is conducted in over 928 institutions in 36 countries. Its network of investigators comprises more than 5,300 scientists and clinicians collaborating in 18 active groups and tasks forces.
The EORTC offers a one-year research fellowship (renewable to a maximum of 3 years) to learn the methodology of cancer clinical studies and gain first experience working in this field in an international academic research organization.
Main aims and tasks
- Learn the design and gain professional experience in the conduct of clinical studies in oncology through participation in the day-to-day activities of the statistics department and interactions with the other EORTC Headquarters Departments and with medical specialists in the field
- Contribute to the analysis and publication of the results of international EORTC cancer clinical studies and to ancillary research projects
- Contribute to methodological developments and application of recent statistical methods including the use/development of the needed statistical programs (in SAS or R)
- A Master’s degree in biostatistics or PhD or equivalent science degree with good knowledge in statistics
- Very good knowledge of English
- Experience with the use of SAS, and preferably also R
- Knowledge of and/or experience with survival data analysis is an asset
- Ability to work independently, under supervision of a senior statistician
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Have an interest in medical research
- Be able to work in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Be under 35 years old