Fellowship in Pharmacovigilance
EORTC promotes multidisciplinary cancer research in Europe. EORTC research is conducted in over 300 university hospitals in 32 countries. Its network of investigators comprises more than 2500 scientists and clinicians collaborating in 20 multidisciplinary groups.
The EORTC offers a one-year research fellowship (renewable to a maximum of 3 years) to learn the methodology of cancer clinical studies and being immersed in the activities of an international academic research organization.
Main aims and tasks:
- To review and develop Pharmacovigilance reporting and Development Safety Update Report (DSUR) processes
- To create a flowchart for Pharmacovigilance case reporting and for DSUR processes
- To strengthen collaborative working practices within PV Unit and Medical Unit
- To evaluate and make development plan regarding internal collaboration with other departments and Pharmacovigilance Unit in EORTC HQ
- To create a presentation regarding EORTC medical review of safety data and pharmacovigilance activities
- Make searches for safety data in EORTC databases to define possible trends in safety data and to create framework for medical safety data searches
- Be a young medical oncologist (35 years maximum)
- Have a focus or interest in cancer clinical research
- Preferably having clinical research background
- Be fluent in English
- Be computer literate
- Be able to work in an international environment
- Have excellent communication skills and team spirit
Support to the fellow is provided by a multidisciplinary staff including medical doctors and biostatisticians. The fellowship will take place at the EORTC Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.