The Project Manager (PM) works under the hierarchical supervision of the Projects Director.
The Project Manager plans, coordinates, monitors and controls projects activities from project start to closure in order to achieve projects objectives. He/she is responsible for overall project performances. He/she functionally leads the project team, and manages communication with internal and external stakeholders.
The Project Manager mainly interfaces with Project team members, Heads of units/departments, project external stakeholders, PMO and other PM’s.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Responsible for ensuring that the exhaustive list of activities and deliverables needed to achieve project’s objectives is defined, with associated schedule, budget and quality targets
- Takes overall responsibility for project management according to EORTC policies and processes, including scheduling and prioritizing activities at project level.
- Leads, motivates, and coordinates the project team (internal transversal coordination). The PM liaises with Department heads to secure adequate project staffing (qualitative and quantitative);
- Manages project’s external stakeholders (incl. communication, contracts, budgets)
- Monitors and controls the project execution, including managing issues and conflicts at project level (analysis, decision making, priorities allocation, actions execution);
- Manages project’s changes with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manages project’s risks
- Manages communication with internal stakeholders, including reporting and escalation of issues/conflicts beyond project level
- Within Projects Direction, contributes to improving management of projects.
- Minimum education requirement: Master degree in sciences, engineering or management
- Ability to work in highly scientific environment is required
- Min 3 year experience in a project management/coordination role, or 3 year experience in the field of clinical trials
- Knowledge of Project Management areas (PMI), PMP certification is a strong asset
- Fluency in English (spoken, written) is required
- Familiar with MS Office tools
- A proactive profile, result oriented and problem solver, who gets things done both through formal channels and informal network
- Open minded profile, with strong desire to learn
- Organized and results-oriented person with the ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment,
- Team player with strong leadership skills, using open communication and influencing skills to work effectively within teams and across functions