The EORTC International Affairs and Policies (IAP) department is looking for a Data Protection Officer.
On behalf of EORTC, the Data Protection Officer (DPO) will provide GDPR guidance on all EORTC activities including but not limited to research projects, human resources, communication, etc.
The DPO maintains its independency in terms of advice and how to exercise his/her duties, according to the laws applicable to the allocated fields of interest.
The DPO reports to the Head of International Affairs and Policies.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Provides pragmatic recommendations for the conduct of EORTC activities in compliance with GDPR.
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert on the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and any other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Maintains records of processing activities carried out within clinical research.
- Performs partner GDPR compliance assessment.
- Performs data protection impact assessments.
- Performs the management of data breaches.
- Conducts relevant compliance monitoring activities in line with other privacy and operational functions.
- Maintains and co-develops processes and tools related to data protection at EORTC, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the training of EORTC staff and participate in external events as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in life sciences or in law and GDPR-certified
- At least two years of experience in a clinical research environment
- Familiar with the GDPR and its implementation
- Ability to summarize and provide pragmatic advice
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and in layman’s terms
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good command of French and/or Dutch
- Working for a non-profit organization in Brussels with a meaningful mission
- A hybrid and international work environment
- 30 days of holidays
- Meal vouchers
- Hospitalization and ambulatory insurance
- Pension plan
- Full reimbursement of public transport
- Competitive salary package, to be negotiated based on experience