The Communications and Events team is looking for an Events Programme Coordinator responsible for planning and coordinating the programmes of assigned conferences and courses, held both virtually and in person across Europe. The Event Programme Coordinator is the interface between all stakeholders involved in the project and facilitates the processes by delivering all programme needs of the event.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will work closely with scientific experts to plan the programmes and handle the abstract submission process. You’ll provide a first-class service to participants and speakers. This is a unique chance to join an organisation whose mission is to improve the survival and quality of life of patients affected by cancer.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Coordinating logistical and administration needs for the scientific programme
- Liaising with and supporting scientific committees and chair(s)
- Coordinating the development of the scientific programme together with the scientific committee and chair(s)
- Managing invited speakers to the event
- Setting up abstract submission pages together with the supplier
- Managing abstract submission (responding to queries from submitters, checking submitted abstracts)
- Setting up the review process and abstract meeting (including attendance)
- Communicating review results and following up with abstract submitters
- Setting up and developing the conference abstract book with the supplier
European Breast Cancer Council secretariat
- Setting up the Board of Directors, General Assembly and any other required meetings (including attendance)
- Preparing meeting minutes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience and proven track record in developing, managing, and executing programmes and abstract submission in large-scale events.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational, management and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multitask with ease adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Flexible, motivated, result-driven and proactive.
- Experience within the healthcare industry or in a scientific environment preferably on the EU level is desirable. Oncology knowledge is an asset.