The European Organisation for the Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) unites cancer clinical research experts to define better treatments for cancer patients to prolong survival and improve quality of life.
Both international and multidisciplinary, EORTC’s Network comprises over 4600 collaborators involved in cancer treatment and research in more than 800 hospitals across 35 countries.
Through translational and clinical research, EORTC offers an integrated approach to therapeutic strategies, drug evaluation programs, survivorship issues, and quality of life.
EORTC Headquarters, a unique international clinical research infrastructure, are based in Brussels, Belgium, from where its various activities are coordinated and run.
Scope of the internship
The EORTC is looking for a multi-skilled and proactive student with a keen interest in cancer research for a period of minimum three months (more is better) which will help the Communication Office.
Main responsibilities/ Major activities
Assist the COMM Office
- Assisting in the day to day running of the communication office
- Compile news clippings and media reports
- Newsletter compilation (Enter and format text into an HTML template) and distribution
Events and courses
- Support the organization of some EORTC events and courses
- Attend some events as support staff/hostess
- Prepare shipments
- Participate to the creation of leaflets/Posters
- Manage the stock of brochures and printed materials
- Support web master in maintaining and updating the EORTC website
- Maintain and update the conferences websites
- Assist in executing social media strategies
- At least a Bachelor in Communication/ Marketing/ Public Relations
- Excellent written and spoken English (native speaker is an asset)
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience is social media
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is not mandatory, but a strong plus
- Experience in using web based resources, web editors, CMS. Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Interest in science is an asset
- Team player and adaptable attitude to work
What do we offer?
A nice, fun and dynamic communication team of five people is looking for an intern that will complete their team to help them in their day-to-day work but also with their various projects.
The student would need to be available for a minimum of three months to work in our headquarters (avenue E. Mounier, 83 – 1200 Brussels). Send us your CV to email@example.com