Patient survival and quality of life are at the heart of EORTC’s research
As an independent, non-profit cancer research organisation, our mission is to coordinate and conduct international translational and clinical research to improve the standard of cancer treatment for patients.
We aim ultimately to increase people’s survival and quality of life by testing new therapeutic strategies based on existing drugs, surgery and radiotherapy. We also help develop new drugs and approaches in partnership with the pharmaceutical industry and in patients’ best interests.
EORTC is uniquely:
- International: EORTC manages clinical research activities across 37 countries.
- Multidisciplinary: our research spans all aspects of cancer management, from imaging and radiology to surgery and therapeutic innovations, backed by cutting-edge expertise in all fields.
- Multi-tumour: thanks to our broad-ranging network of oncology experts, no tumour is too rare to tackle. Our research is solution-driven, for all types of cancers, leaving no-one behind.
- Compliant with regulation: in today’s complex regulatory environment, EORTC’s experts ensure our activities meet the strictest quality and reliability requirements, everywhere we are active.
- Independent: our research is conducted under conditions of unwavering independence and accountability and all results are made public, to ensure patients and the oncology community benefit from our learnings.