Joint ESTRO-EORTC interdisciplinary Session
Tuesday, April 24th, 09:15-10:30, Room 116
On the occasion of ESTRO 37 congress held in Barcelona from 20 to 24 April, ESTRO and EORTC have compiled a session to explore current and further future cooperation between the two organisations. The session will discuss the state of the art and future perspectives of clinical research in radiation oncology.
The focus will be on three main topics:
- Is oligometastatic disease a distinct biological entity?
- Prospective trials vs registry trial in this disease
- Presentation of ESTRO-EORTC Oligocare project
- General principles of association
- Challenges in conducting chemo-radiotherapy trials
- PARP inhibition and radiotherapy
and particle therapy:
- Current developments in Europe
- Discussion on the lack of level I evidence supporting this costly treatment modality and how this should be corrected by performing appropriate clinical research
More info about the joint session here.
EORTC Abstracts at ESTRO 37
EORTC will also be presenting a number of studies at the congress:
- ORAL PRESENTATION: Phase-II parallel non-randomized/observation study (EORTC 22042-26042) for non-benign meningiomas
D.C. Weber, C. Ares, S. Villa, S.M. Peerdeman, L. Renard, B.G. Baumert, A. Lucas, J.J. Stelmes, S. Collette, R. Miralbell OC-0589
Presented at 16h35 in the Auditorium on Monday 23 April 2018
- POSTER PRESENTATION: PV-0200: Benchmark Case results from the EORTC Lungtech trial of SBRT for patients with centrally NSCLC
M. Lambrecht, E. Clementel, J. Sonke, U. Nestle, S. Adebahr, M. Guckenberger, D. Weber, C. Hurkmans.
Presented Saturday, April 21st, 16:15 – 17:30, Poster area, candidate for best poster in the track.
- POSTER PRESENTATION: Quality assurance of radiotherapy in the EORTC 1420 Best-of trial. Preliminary results
J.J. Stelmes (Belgium), E. Clementel, J. Kaźmierska, M. Ozsahin, M. Tomsej, L. Viellevigne, V. Gregoire, C. Hurkmans, N. Andratschke, D.C. Weber PO-0708
Find the Abstracts Book of ESTRO 37 here.